Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Visual Journal Entry 1


When I think about dialog, I think about what a picture of piece of art makes you think. I look at something and try and figure out the story behind it. The dialog I come up with in my mind is my thoughts on what is going on. With this picture I tried to tell a story and evoke the inner dialog within each person that see it.

2 comments:

  1. Jessie,
    What I am particularly struck by is the power of the image you have created and the ways in which it utilizes all we have been discussing: the three levels of visual data, as well as the way in which it has strong syntactic and semantic elements. The symbolism of the sun setting and its juxtaposition with death and grief is powerful. I am curious. Did you create this image digitally or did you draw it and scan it in? Nice work. (This is Ellen, commenting as comm 244, because that is my user name on Blogspot. :-))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did the whole work digitally. I used Adobe InDesign to create it.

      Delete