Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Visual Journal Enty 5





Reading the essay and thinking about how Hooks cherished her image of her in her cowgirl outfit because it represented her and her true self and who she liked to think of herself as, I thought of the image of myself that I think those things about. The first image is how I really feel inside. I am a outgoing and wild and crazy girl with a loving family but I think sometimes that gets lost with all the stress of everything going on in my life. Looking back on it now, it makes me smile and makes me hope that one day I can get back to being that girl. 
The second picture is important to me because it shows me how photography can turn back time and allow you to remember even the smallest of details. When I look at this picture I remember everything about that day. I remember I caught more fish than my sister and that it was cloudy and there was a nice breeze so I didn't realize that I was getting the worst sunburn of my life and that I fell asleep on the car ride home in my Perry the platypus hat. This picture made me realize the importance of photography in preserving time and memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment